Pancake Manor is a pioneering YouTube channel designed specifically for kids, families, and the young at heart. Founded by Billy Reid and Reb Stevenson in the summer of 2011, Pancake Manor features original music, engaging characters, and lot of heart. With over 500 million views (and growing), puppets Zach, Reggie, and Lulu are fast becoming Canada’s next children’s entertainment power team.
In this episode, we talk to Billy and Reb about:
- How to have a successful channel without a consistent posting schedule
- Producing very ambitious and technically complicated videos with a crew of only 2 people
- How to deal with Creative Differences when you work with your significant other.
- How to decide whether you should have one channel or split your videos across multiple channels.
- The importance of protecting your intellectual property.
- Why having fancy gear REALLY doesn’t matter.