Adriene Mishler is the host (and co-founder) of the YouTube channel Yoga With Adriene. The channel was launched in 2012 and now has over 2 million subscribers and averages 8 million views per month.
This episode is a special “flashback” interview that was conducted in 2015. That’s when I had originally planned to launch this podcast, but my plans got derailed by my move to L.A. and the explosive growth of the Yoga With Adriene business. This interview was conducted shortly after our first 30 Days of Yoga series and before we had started our touring, live events or our SVOD yoga membership.
In this interview we discuss:
- Developing the idea for the show and experimenting to find the right “voice”.
- Finding your YouTube persona – the difference between acting and being authentic
- Where Find What Feels Good came from
- The importance of video thumbnails
- how creating and selling a product changed everything
- How to keep going when things get tough, you aren’t making any money, you aren’t really sure what you’re doing and and you lose your voice!